The titles of the abstracts selected for oral presentation (from 001 to 135) are included in the program, already available in the section "Scientific info and Program". The titles of the abstracts selected for poster presentation (from 136 to 285) and publication can be downloaded here.
ABSTRACT ACCEPTANCE INFORMATION
Submission of abstracts for oral presentations (general sessions and “Focus on…” sessions) and poster presentation closed on Friday, March 15, 2019, 17:59 CET.
Results of submitted abstract evaluation (acceptance for oral or poster presentation, inclusion in the Abstract Book or rejection) were sent to the first author/presenter during the last week of April. The titles of the abstracts selected for oral presentation (from 001 to 135) are included in the program, already available in the section "Scientific info and Program". Please add the domain @lymphcon.ch to your Address Book, Contact List or Email Safe Senders List.
Early registration fee applies for presenters of abstracts selected for oral and poster presentation.
Online registration is closed, as the maximum number of attendees has been already reached.
First author responsabilities
The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the first author to present the abstract (if accepted) orally or as a poster.
The first author serves as presenter and primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
If the Option of withdrawal of the abstract in case of selection for publication only in the Abstract Book was not elected during submission, abstracts will be included in the 15-ICML Abstract Book and withdrawal requests will not be accepted.
Since submission of the abstract, the first author/presenter is responsible for the following:
• ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors;
• forwarding all correspondence regarding the abstract to all co-authors;
• releasing abstract copyright to John Wiley and Sons, Inc. (publisher of 15-ICML Abstract Book as supplement to “Hematological Oncology”), for inclusion in ICML abstract book and its licensee publications with educational purposes;
• giving permission to record his/her presentation during 15-ICML for multimedia coverage, release to attendees and licensees for educational purposes;
• disclosing any conflict of interest, declaring the name of the company (s)he maintains a "relevant financial relationship"* with.
Unless otherwise indicated, it is implied that there are no conflicts of interests pertinent to the abstract;
• releasing copyright and providing conflict-of-interest disclosure on behalf of co-authors;
• certifying that the same abstract has neither been nor will be previously published before 15-ICML, except for regional or national meetings, ASCO 2019 and EHA 2019 (accepted encore abstracts).
Furthermore, the first author/presenter certifies that the abstract will not be included as such in the scientific material produced in connection with any satellite symposium held during 15-ICML.
*“Relevant financial relationships” are intended those from which the author or any individual with whom he/she directly shares income has received or may receive financial benefit within the past 24 months. The relationships to declare are: employment or leadership position in a company – consultant or advisory role - stock ownership – honoraria – research funding – other remuneration.
Presentation preparation and advance sending (deadline: Monday, June 17)
To avoid technical problems and permit a smooth proceeding of the presentations, all presentation files should be uploaded to the system before the conference (by Monday, June 17). Pertinent instructions will be sent to presenters by Wednesday, May 8 at the latest.
The allotted time (15 minutes for general sessions and 10 minutes for "Focus on..." sessions), which includes also discussion, MAY NOT BE EXCEEDED. The program is very tight and it is crucial that it runs to schedule!
We recommend no more than 12-13 slides for general sessions and 8-9 for "Focus on..." sessions, including the Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure Slide. A sample of COI Disclosure Slide can be downloaded here.
Please note that the screens in all session rooms will be configured to display slides in 16:9 (widescreen) format.
Acceptable presentation formats are PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx), Apple Keynote (.key) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf).
Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG).
Video: MP4, MOV, MPEG, WMV are the only acceptable video formats. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations including videos should be saved as a .pptx file (do not plan to use internet connection during your presentation).
AUTHORISATION TO INCLUDE PRESENTATION SLIDES-SET IN THE ICML PLATFORM:
ICML attendees very often ask for the possibility to access the slides-sets of the presentations, for personal educational purposes only (and to avoid, during the sessions, to take notes or a picture of every slide!).
Therefore, we are working to create an online platform where, soon after the conference and upon payment of a very limited fee, access to slides-sets of presentations is available for ICML attendees (the registration number, printed on the personal badge, will be required to enter the platform).
We assume that our presenters agree with this project and authorise the release of their slides-set.
Please note that it is possible to label the slides you may prefer not to be included in such production with “DO NOT PUBLISH”.
Educational Book and Abstract Book - 15-ICML embargo policy
The 15-ICML Educational Book can be accessed here.
All selected abstracts will be included in the Abstract Book, supplement to “Hematological Oncology” (John Wiley and Sons, Inc.), published online on the pertinent Wiley Online Library website as of Wednesday, June 12, 2019 h 10:00 am CET.
Summaries of the Educational sessions will be included in the Educational Book distributed to attendees on site and also available online.
Encore abstracts have been accepted only if already submitted to and/or presented at:
- regional or national meetings
- ASCO 2019 and EHA 2019, the large international meetings which are organized in the same period as ICML (May – July) by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the European Hematology Association (EHA).
Except for the above mentioned situations, during submission, first authors certified that the submitted abstract has neither been nor will be previously published before release of 15-ICML Abstract Book (Wednesday, June 12, 2019) and, prior to this date, submitted abstracts are treated as confidential by ICML (Organising Committee, Advisory Board, 15-ICML reviewers) and by first authors, co-authors and research sponsors, according to 15-ICML embargo policy:
--> the content of 15-ICML abstracts will be released on June 12 at 10 am CET, when the Abstract Book will become available online.
--> coverage of information that goes beyond data contained in the abstract (e.g. additional analysis, commentary, or updated information from individuals and companies involved in the study) is embargoed according to the following criteria:
- for oral presentations: the embargo is lifted at the start of the scientific session in which the presentation/study is scheduled;
- for poster presentations: the embargo is lifted at the opening of the Poster Session (Wednesday, June 19 h 12:00 CET);
- for publication-only abstracts: the embargo is lifted when the abstract is first made publicly available on June 12, 2019 at 10 am CET. These abstracts are not presented at ICML.
The titles of the abstracts selected for oral presentation (from 001 to 135) are included in the program, already available in the section "Scientific info and Program".
The titles of the abstracts selected for poster presentation (from 136 to 285) and publication can be downloaded here.
The travel grants, sponsored by the Swiss Cancer League and by the Swiss Cancer Research Foundation, has been assigned to the following young investigators (less than 35 years), whose abstract has been accepted for oral presentation:
1) E. Tausch, Ulm (Germany)
2) L.K. Hilton, Burnaby, B.C. (Canada)
3) C. Rushton, Burnaby, B.C (Canada)
4) J. Gauthier, Seattle, WA (USA)
5) E.A. Chong, Philadelphia, PA (USA)
6) O. Al-Sawaf, Cologne (Germany)
7) A. Hayden, Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
8) M.S. Binkley, Stanford, CA (USA)
9) P. Ghione, New York, NY (USA)
10)B. Donati, Reggio Emilia (Italy)
The selection was made on the basis of the abstract evaluation results.